The Saudi Arabian Oil Company is the state-owned oil company of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and a fully integrated, global petroleum and chemicals enterprise.
Over the past 80 years have become a world leader in hydrocarbons exploration, production, refining, distribution and marketing.
Saudi Aramco’s oil and gas production infrastructure leads the industry in scale of production, operational reliability, and technical advances. Our plants and the people who run them make us the world’s largest crude oil exporter, producing roughly one in every eight barrels of the world’s oil supply.
- Offices: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia (Head office); London, UK, The Hague, Netherlands, New Delhi, India and Milan, Italy (AOC); Houston and Washington, USA, (ASC), New York, USA (Saudi Petroleum International, Inc.); Beijing, Xiamen and Shanghai, China, Tokyo, Japan, Seoul, Republic of Korea, Singapore (Aramco Asia).
- Joint and Equity Ventures: Fujian Refining and Petrochemical Company Ltd (FREP) and Sinopec SenMei Petroleum Company Ltd (SSPC) – Fujian, China; Motiva Enterprises LLC – Houston, USA; The Arab Petroleum Pipeline Co. (SUMED) – Alexandria, Egypt; S-OIL – Seoul, Republic of Korea; Showa Shell – Tokyo, Japan.
- R&D centers: Beijing, China; Boston, Detroit, Houston, all USA; Dhahran (R&DC, EXPEC ARC), Thuwal (KAUST), both Saudi Arabia; Paris, France.
- Technology offices: Aberdeen, UK; Daejeon, Republic of Korea (KAIST); Delft, The Netherlands
- Bulk plants: Abha, Dhahran, Duba, Al-Hasa, Al-Jawf, Jazan, Jiddah, Najran, Qatif, Qassim, Rabigh, Riyadh, Safaniya, Al-Sulayyil, Tabuk, Turaif, Yanbu’
- Domestic refineries: Jiddah, Ras Tanura, Riyadh, Yanbu’
- Domestic joint venture refineries: Petro Rabigh, SAMREF, SASREF, SATORP, YASREF